Scholarships & Discounts
Let us help you get started.
Scholarships, discounts and grants can lighten your financial load while you go to college. The list below is a great place to start exploring your options, and we’re here to help you find out which ones you may be eligible for. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Federal and State Aid
FEDERAL PELL GRANT
- Available to undergraduates only
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Depends on your status as a full-time or part-time student
- Requires financial need
- Based on your cost of attendance and whether you plan to attend the full year or less
FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITY GRANT (SEOG)
- Available to undergraduates only
- Requires exceptional financial need
- Federal Pell Grant recipients get priority
- Funds based on availability
STATE OF OHIO COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GRANT (OCOG)
- For Ohio residents only
- Based on financial need
- Available to undergraduates
- Details at Ohio Department of Higher Education
Tiffin University Aid
BACHELOR’S DEGREE DISCOUNT
Students who hold a bachelor’s degree will receive a 50 percent discount on tuition for on-campus undergraduate courses. You must present an official transcript to the Office of Registration and Records before enrollment.
GRADUATE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
Graduate students who obtained a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from Tiffin University are eligible for a $250 per credit hour discount for Master’s programs and $150 per credit hour for the PhD program. Students who receive this discount are not eligible for any other Tiffin University discounts.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES
We offer several financial aid opportunities to international students. Contact the International Student Office at email@example.com or 419.448.3287 for information.
If you are currently active duty military, you are eligible for a reduced rate of tuition at Tiffin University. Students who receive this benefit are not eligible to receive additional types of Tiffin University discounts/grants. Proof required annually to confirm continued eligibility of the tuition rate.
Eligible active duty personnel tuition costs:
- Graduate degree students: $325 per credit hour
- Undergraduate degree students: $250 per credit hour
Tiffin University will provide a military discount toward tuition to retired military, Veterans, Reservists, National Guard, and/or dependents of active duty personnel (spouse/children). You must submit documentation in order to receive this discount. Students who receive this discount are not eligible to receive additional types of Tiffin University discounts. Proof must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office annually to confirm continued eligibility of the discount.
- Graduate degree students: $250 per credit hour discount
- Undergraduate degree students: $150 per credit hour discount
PARTNER SCHOOLS EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT
At Tiffin University, we are committed to the professional development of our partner schools’ employees, as we value professional development ourselves. Providing a quality, relatable education experience that makes higher education affordable and more accessible helps to distinguish us from our competitors.
Effective Fall 2022, Tiffin University will offer the following tuition discounts to eligible employees of our partner schools:
- Online and Extended Learning Undergraduate Programs: $150 per credit hour discount
- Main Campus Undergraduate Programs: $200 per credit hour discount
- Graduate Programs: $250 per credit hour discount
- Doctorate Program: $150 per credit hour discount
At the time of enrollment, students wishing to obtain our Partner School Employee Discount must provide proof of employment via a letter from the respective HR department.
SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT
Students who are 60 years old or older may take courses for personal enrichment, not for credit, for $25.00 per course. Enrollment is subject to space availability and TU’s discretion.
TIFFIN UNIVERSITY ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIPS
*Students may receive only one institutional scholarship or discount. You must provide all documents required for financial aid and admissions before we apply discounts or disburse funds.
There are many places to track down scholarships, including parents’ employers, religious organizations and the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). We also encourage you to try these websites: CollegeBoard, Fastweb, Chegg and TU’s Financial Aid Facebook page.
HANCOCK COUNTY GRADUATES – If you are enrolled in or accepted to one of TU’s graduate programs and graduated high school in Hancock County, Ohio, take a moment to learn about the Dr. Thomas Richard and Wendene Wilson Shoupe Post Graduate Scholarship. Applications are due February 1, 2023.
Corporate Partnership Discounts
Tiffin University is proud to work with numerous Ohio organizations and businesses to offer tuition discounts to their employees and their families. Education makes our communities stronger and our communities make education possible. It’s a win-win.
Calculate Your TuitionDownload Worksheet
Admissions & Aid
At a Glance
- Over 30% off normal tuition for active military and spouses
- 100% online or on-campus programs
- Faculty have years of experience in their fields
- Regional accreditations
- No application fees
- Flexible start dates
- Accepts transfer credits