Goals and Course Topics
Study What You Love
Study what you love with TU’s online master’s degree in film studies that combines art and communication. With courses that include topics on Cult and Independent Films, Censorship, and Classic Hollywood Cinema, you will be well on your way to become the director, screenwriter or teacher to make your tale a happy one.
Your Online Masters degree in film studies Program
This online masters degree in film studies guides Tiffin University students through an in-depth exploration of significant film from the early days of Hollywood to contemporary world cinema.
Tiffin University’s online Master of Humanities Film Studies concentration program offers the benefits of a comprehensive curriculum taught by professors who are highly qualified academically and professionally. Our online environment provides students with the flexibility they need to balance life and learning.
Online: Combination of 7-week and 15-week classes starting in January, May and August
Who Is This Online Masters Degree in Film Studies Program For?
This specific concentration is a helpful supplement for students who wish to pursue a teaching career in Film at the two-year college level.
At a Glance
- 100% online degree program
- Regional accreditations
- No application fees
- Flexible start dates
- Accepts transfer credits
- Opportunity to research a topic in-depth and demonstrate mastery in the chosen area of humanities
- Self-designed academic or creative study (e.g., academic thesis, creative project or portfolio project) that culminates in a forty to sixty page project
- Develops from the student’s coursework in the MH program and must be approved by the instructors of the Capstone course
- May help students gain entrance into Ph.D. programs or to more effectively teach at the high school or community college level; may also serve as the basis for future publications
- No work required prior to the start of the class