Goals and Course Topics
Account for Your Success with our masters in writing online
The power of writing allows you to create the things that you wish already exist. We will give you a solid foundation to start. With ample courses ranging from Teaching College English to Genre Writing, the Masters in writing online program focuses on creative writing workshops that challenge and test you – and make you a better writer, so that you can create like no one else ever has.
Your masters in writing online Program
This masters in writing online program will allow Tiffin University students to discover new talents, teaching them to write novels, short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, screenplays and young adult fiction. Combining the academic study of creative prose, poetry and performance writing with hands-on experience producing it, this online program both deepens student understanding of the human creative process and expands their use of it. The Capstone Project is required for this concentration.
Tiffin University’s Master of Humanities Creative Writing concentration offers the benefits of a comprehensive curriculum taught by professors who are highly qualified academically and professionally, in an online environment that provides students with the flexibility they need to balance life and learning.
This masters in writing online program offers students the opportunity to work with various genres of creative composition, including Novel, Short Story, Drama, Poetry, and Genre and Performance writing.
Online: Combination of 7-week and 15-week classes starting in January, May and August
Who Is This Masters in Writing Online Program For?
Tiffin University’s Creative Writing concentration is an excellent choice for students who wish to pursue creative writing professionally, or who wish to move on to a terminal degree program in Creative Writing after completing their Master of Humanities degree at Tiffin University. This concentration also supports those students who wish to teach Creative Writing at a two-year college.
At a Glance
- 100% online degree program
- Regional accreditations
- No application fees
- Flexible start dates
- Accepts transfer credits
- Opportunity to research a topic in-depth and demonstrate mastery in the chosen area of humanities
- Self-designed academic or creative study (e.g., academic thesis, creative project or portfolio project) that culminates in a forty to sixty page project
- Develops from the student’s coursework in the MH program and must be approved by the instructors of the Capstone course
- May help students gain entrance into Ph.D. programs or to more effectively teach at the high school or community college level; may also serve as the basis for future publications
- No work required prior to the start of the class