Goals and Course Topics
32-36 credit, 14-month MBA program
Enhance your marketability in the industry
Experience and access to sport professionals around the country is what differentiates the TU’s MBA sports management program from traditional sport management degrees. The program is designed to maximize convenience while providing the necessary structure to enhance students’ marketability in the industry. Our extensive list of successful graduates helps students complete a 200-hour mentorship to intensify their education through practical experience with sport franchises, athletic departments, organizations, agencies and facilities with a connection to Tiffin University.
Your “Front Row Ticket” To Real-World Success
Join us for where the classroom meets the real world of sports!
Tiffin University’s Sports Management MBA has demonstrated an aptitude for attracting top professionals from all sectors of the industry whether an aspiring student or one of the many terminally qualified faculty serving as instructors. You may be surprised to be in a class with a Vice President from the NFL, a tournament director with the PGA in Texas, a video analyst for the Cleveland Browns in Ohio, a director with the Toronto Raptors in Canada or a sport broadcaster from a regional radio station in Indiana. Recreation directors, high school athletic directors, collegiate coaches and sport marketing representatives also enroll in the MBA Sports Management program which is growing significantly since graduating its first class in 2009.
Tiffin University is able to boast about attracting some of the most connected professionals in the industry to teach in the program. Faculty have included the President of the United States Olympian’s Association, President of the Sierra Leone (Africa) Olympian’s Association, a Martial Arts specialist in Paris with ties to organizing the World Karate Championships, a former executive with the Boston Celtics and Atlanta Braves, the former Director of Education for the NCAA and a member of the Sport Lawyers Association with significant experience consulting professional athletes. No doubt, Tiffin University’s Sports Management MBA is developing a global reputation as one of the premier graduate programs in the USA.
The Mentorship Program
One of the great advantages of the MBA in Sports Management is that you will be required to participate in a supervised mentorship program with a professional who has appropriate experience and is able to demonstrate a record of outstanding contribution to the profession. The online convenience and flexibility of the mentorship experience has significantly impacted the geographic boundaries for students interested in furthering their academic career in sports. Students are required to complete an application for verification and approval. During the mentorship, students develop a web portfolio and maintain a blog to journal the experiences from their contact hours.
Mentors have included:
- Sports agent and President of MWF Enterprises (Molly Fletcher)
- Indiana Pacers Broadcaster (Chris Denari)
- New York Liberty Vice President (Kristen Bernert)
- Dallas Cowboys Assistant Director of Suites (Heather Fuxa)
- Oakland Raiders Director of Personnel (Dane VanDernat)
- Georgia State Soccer Association Director (Jade Beaulieu)
- Sports Agent and President of Merit Management Group (Stephanie Stanley)
- CEO of AWP Sports Performance (Mike Ledo)
- National Recruiting Analyst for FOX Sports Los Angeles (Chad Simmons)
- CEO of Vahid Management and Production Company (Thomas Robinson)
- Cincinnati Reds Park Operations Manager (Sean Brown)
- Houston Rockets Promotions Coordinator (Chirslord Templonuevo)
- National Sports Manager for Tampa Bay Sports (Teri Parnell)
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission Senior Vice President of Events (Meredith Scerba)
- New York Mets Vice President of Venue Services (Mike Landeen)
- Pittsburgh Penguins Director of Government Affairs (Abass Kamara)
- FirstJobinSports Executive Director (Brad Freeman)
- Atlanta Hawks Coordinator of Community Development (Margo Kline)
- NBA Player Representative (Darryl Greene)
We make it easy for you and can accommodate flexible scheduling for mentorships in any semester — spring, summer, or fall!
Online: Two terms per semester starting in January, March, May, July, August and October
On Campus: Two 7-week terms per semester starting in January and August
Core MBA courses are offered online or on campus. Sports Management concentration courses are offered exclusively online.
The MBA program can be completed in as little as 14 months. The accelerated program is based on full-time enrollment and previous completion of an accredited bachelor’s degree in business with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. No work experience is required and part-time options are also available.
At a Glance
- 32-36 credit, 14-month MBA program
- Regional accreditations
- No application fees
- Flexible start dates
- Accepts transfer credits
- No tuition increases in the past five years