Summer is winding down, the kids are back in school and pumpkin spice season is upon us. Fall also means we are welcoming new adult learners to the Tiffin University family, and we could not be more excited! If you are considering a degree program, now may be a great time for you to get started.
We know how important it is for working adults to maximize their time, and that is one of the many reasons we offer flexible online degree programs that begin year-round. Our multiple start opportunities allow you to pick the timing that works best for you and your goals. Our next online session begins October 17. Here are five reasons why fall is a great time to start your degree program:
- You will join your family in back-to-school mode. Now that you have prepared your family for back-to-school with the proper essentials and routine, why not charge up your laptop and join your kids at the kitchen table for homework time? Our students have shared that going back to school feels a little easier and is more fun when they do it together with family (or friends!). We are all in this together is not just a catch phrase for many of our students—it is reality, and one they tell us makes their education experience much more rewarding.
- You will set a positive example for your family and friends. Just as adults have tough days or tire from a long week, kids do too. And if you have children of your own, or little ones in your life who look up to you, what better way to show them how important it is to keep going than by dedicating time to complete your own schoolwork. Give them that positive foundation in the fall and help set the tone for the rest of their school year—and for years to come. Your inspiring example of determination and dedication will be one they always remember.
- You will be able to take advantage of financial aid before the end of the calendar year. In the past, we have had applicants who applied for admission in the fall tell us they needed to wait until January to start their degree programs because they assumed they were ineligible for that year’s Financial Aid funding. Those students were happy to learn that starting their degree programs before the calendar year ended meant they were able to utilize federal financial aid for the current year as well as each academic year thereafter. In other words, even though our October session is just a few weeks away from the end of the year, you can still take advantage of the money you are eligible for this calendar year, whether that is in the form of low-interest student loans or grants*.
*Students pursuing their undergraduate degree who meet certain conditions may be eligible for grants from the federal government once they submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the financial aid process.
- You will be able to incorporate your coursework into your schedule before the year begins. Every season of the year brings its own busyness—from spring sports and end of school activities to summer vacations and backyard barbecues, to the start of the school year and the holidays—adults always have something on the horizon. With that said, we know there is never really a perfect time to go back to school. However, our students have shared with us that once they make their education a priority, they are able to find the time in their calendars. The sooner you get started and incorporate your coursework into your busy schedule, the more quickly you will adjust and become used to your new routine. And, what better time to do that than right before the start of a new year?
- Speaking of the new year, you will get a head start on your New Year’s resolution. It is estimated that less than 8% of adults actually stick to their New Year’s resolutions. This next year, beat that statistic and remain committed to your goal by starting it early. Research tells us that people who commit to a goal for 21 days straight will make it a habit, and once that habit has been established, it is hard to break. There are 76 days between our October 17 session start and January 1, 2022—more than enough time for you to incorporate your degree into your routine and create a habit that will pay dividends for years to come. You will never regret taking this leap, and we promise you this: a year from now, when others around you are just starting to think about their New Year’s resolutions for 2023, you will smile proudly knowing you are well on your way to accomplishing your important goal of earning your degree.
There is still plenty of time to apply for our October session. Contact us today for more information and to reserve your seat!