ann gaffigan headshot

Ann Gaffigan, MBA

Current occupation: Chief Technology Officer

What made you decide to pursue your degree as an adult?

I am pursuing a career transition from tech to sports administration, and I thought the graduate certificate program would be a great place to start.

Why did you choose to study at Tiffin University?

After talking to Dr. Bonnie Tiell about the program, it seemed like such a good fit. I love the integrations with the Olympic movement that occur on campus!

What has been your experience with the program so far? What has your experience been with the teaching staff in the program?

Getting back into school after 15 years was an adjustment for me. When I was last in school, there was no such thing as an online class. While I miss the in-person lectures, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the professor can engage the class virtually. Dr. Tiell is very accessible and responsive. It must take a lot of work to keep up with and engage in all of our weekly discussions and writings. Her questions are always thought provoking and push us to think deeper.

How are you juggling work, life and going back to school?

I have to block out chunks of time during the week on specific days – for example, Sunday is always school day. Then during the week, I have certain days where I carve out a couple hours. I get work done better in larger chunks rather than small ones. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

What keeps you motivated to stay in the program?

The content has been so interesting, so even though it’s a lot of work, I’m really enjoying it.

Just register for that first class. Take the first step. You’ll either find that you’re ready or you’ll realize it’s not for you.

What advice would you give to a prospective student who is thinking about going back to school?

TU’s motto is: Without risk there is no gain. Can you tell us about a time when you took a risk and what you gained from it?

I’m taking a big risk right now in changing careers! It’s scary but my hope is that I will look back fondly on this chapter of my life and feel proud of myself.

Learn about our MBA in Sports Management