Tiffin University (TU) is one of the most affordable private colleges around. But while we’re a great investment, especially when you consider our small class sizes, high-caliber instructors, accredited degree programs and zero application fees, college is still a stretch for some people. That’s why we offer so many ways to help students lighten the financial load while they go to college. Make sure you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), so that we know what you will qualify for. Here are some financial aid options that may surprise you:
- Federal Grants: Pell Grants and Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants are available to undergraduates based on financial need determined by the FAFSA.
- State Grants: The Ohio College Opportunity Grant is for undergraduates who are residents of Ohio and have financial need based on the FAFSA.
- TU aid: We want a great education to be within reach for everyone, so we offer discounts to TU alumni and active military members and spouses.
- Outside scholarships: There are plenty of places to find scholarships, such as your employer, religious organizations and the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). You might also try CollegeBoard, Fastweb, Chegg and TU’s Financial Aid Facebook page.
- Corporate partnership discounts: TU works with several organizations and businesses to offer tuition discounts to their employees and their families. Is your company on the list?
- Federal Student Loans: If you apply for financial aid, you may be offered loans as part of your school’s financial aid offer. A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest.
More than 80 percent of TU students receive financial aid through sources like these. Don’t let money stand in the way of your dreams. Do your homework and get the help you need.