Goals and Course Topics
Advance your career
Communication is the key to success – personally and professionally. With TU’s online Masters in Communication program, you will learn everything from ancient communication philosophies to transmedia storytelling, as well as theories of persuasion to politics and news. Our online Masters in Communication grads have found that this program was their key to advancement in journalism, grant writing and public relations.
Your online Masters in Communication Program
This online Masters in Communication will lead Tiffin University students through the history and practice of media, communication, and related technology from ancient times to the digital age. Courses such as Philosophy of Communication, Politics and the News, Transmedia Storytelling, New Media, Cyber Cultures and Issues in Cyberspace navigates students through the political, legal, and social ramifications of 21st century media practices.
Tiffin University’s online Masters in Communication offers the benefits of a comprehensive curriculum taught by professors who are highly qualified academically and professionally. Our online environment provides students with the flexibility they need to balance life and learning.
Online: Combination of 7-week and 15-week classes starting in January, May and August
Who Is This Online Masters in Communication Program For?
The Communication concentration prepares students with an effective background for teaching Communication at a two-year college or for continuing on to a Ph.D. program.
At a Glance
- 100% online degree program
- Regional accreditations
- No application fees
- Flexible start dates
- Accepts transfer credits
- Opportunity to research a topic in-depth and demonstrate mastery in the chosen area of humanities
- Self-designed academic or creative study (e.g., academic thesis, creative project or portfolio project) that culminates in a forty to sixty page project
- Develops from the student’s coursework in the MH program and must be approved by the instructors of the Capstone course
- May help students gain entrance into Ph.D. programs or to more effectively teach at the high school or community college level; may also serve as the basis for future publications
- No work required prior to the start of the class