robert wofford

Robert Wofford, Master of Humanities in Creative Writing

Current occupation: High School Teacher

What made you decide to pursue your degree as an adult?

Initially, I got interested in a master’s degree because the degree is necessary to teach dual credit courses.

Why did you choose to study at Tiffin University?

I chose Tiffin because the degree program is 100% online.

What has been your experience with the program so far?

My experience at Tiffin has been exemplary. The coursework is relevant, and the professors are top-notch. The technology is easy to use, and the assignments are clear. I cannot say enough good things about Tiffin.

How has your experience been with faculty and your courses?

The courses are very interactive, giving students many opportunities to get to know their professors and classmates. While the courses are not in person or live, I have had excellent conversations with my professors and peers. Interestingly, I feel like there is more interaction with faculty in an online setup.

How are you juggling work, life and going back to school? Any tips?

Juggling work, family, and school are probably the most difficult. My suggestion is to manage time, stay organized, and remain focused.

What keeps you motivated to stay in the program?

Achieving short-term goals while keeping long-term goals in sight keeps me motivated.

What advice would you give to a prospective student who is thinking about going back to school?

Do it! You will not regret it.

TU’s motto is: Without risk there is no gain. Can you tell us about a time when you took a risk and what you gained from it?

Investing in yourself is risky, especially in a creative field. Pursuing my MH helped me gain more confidence as a writer and pushed me to realize my personal and professional goals.

Learn about our Master of Humanities Programs