vasilios melidoneas

Vasilios Melidoneas, Master of Humanities in Film Studies

Current occupation: Office Manager

What made you decide to pursue your degree as an adult?

I decided I want to pursue a career in teaching and specifically to teach film at a higher level.

Why did you choose to study at Tiffin University?

The research I completed pointed me to Tiffin as it presented a great opportunity and the structure of the program seemed great.

What has been your experience with the program so far?

The program overall has been excellent and a fantastic opportunity especially for working adults to get a master’s degree. The technology worked well and I did not find much difficulty with it at all.

How has your experience been with faculty and your cohort?

The Moodle platform and discussion boards I found to function quite well. Faculty always give courteous and punctual responses to any inquiries. The interactions with peers in this format enhance the overall experience as well.

How are you juggling work, life and going back to school? Any tips?

It is definitely a challenge as someone who works full-time, married, and have two young children at home. During this 19 to 20 month stretch, organization and scheduling yourself to prioritize what needs to get done is optimal. I suggest making weekly schedules and overall semester plans and goals that gives you a visual idea on what you need to get done.

What keeps you motivated to stay in the program?

I made a goal for myself to stay focused and exceed to the best of my focus and capabilities.

What advice would you give to a prospective student who is thinking about going back to school?

If you are committed to it, you can get it done. With hard work, nearly anything can be accomplished.

TU’s motto is: Without risk there is no gain. Can you tell us about a time when you took a risk and what you gained from it?

Prior to applying at Tiffin I had some trepidation the year or years preceding becoming a student here. For me, applying felt like a risk and setting aside a lot of other personal time and goals to focus on getting my master’s degree was by taking the chance to apply and stay committed in achieving those goals.

Learn about our Master of Humanities Programs