A college degree is invaluable when you’re entering the workforce for the first time, changing careers or vying for a promotion in your current field. Finally reaching your educational goal is a big moment, but a diploma alone may not be enough to help you land your dream job. That’s why Tiffin University challenges conventional wisdom and offers more than diplomas; we put you on the path to success with:
- Instructors with real-world experience: There’s no better teacher than someone who’s experienced the subject firsthand. Every TU professor has a master’s or higher degree, but more importantly, many are experts who have actually worked their fields and can tell you what it’s like in the real world.
- Career services: Whether you know exactly where you want to end up or you’re still exploring your options, TU can guide you on your next career step. We offer career services such as individualized career advice, resume writing programs, interview practice, career fairs, networking opportunities and professional development workshops, all to help you stand out and move toward your goal.
- Mentoring: TU’s Dragon Connect Mentoring Program connects students with TU graduates and friends who can provide career advice, professional networking contacts and support when you need it most.
- Soft skills: The technical skills you learn while getting a degree are definitely an advantage, but more than 90 percent of human resources professionals in a 2019 survey said “soft” skills like communication, collaboration and critical thinking matter as much or more. TU knows how important both sides of the equation are. We incorporate soft skills in our degree programs to prepare you for the diverse, fast-changing workplace where adaptability and teamwork are essential.
- Professional certifications: Sometimes a degree will get you in the door, but a professional certification can put you over the top. TU offers certifications in several degree programs, like our Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. We’re a Certiport Authorized Testing Center and can administer any Microsoft certification, which will prove your knowledge meets industry standards.
Online, on-campus or off-campus, Tiffin University is here to prepare you for your next step in life, wherever it may take you.
 Moody, Josh. “How to Find College Courses That Teach Soft Skills,” U.S. News & World Report, April 10, 2019